Upcoming Arts Reach Online Workshops for Members
Join these experts and other members to discuss your situation and questions. These Online Workshops are presented by some of the best minds in the arts and culture field and are free for current members. Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are held on Thursdays at 11 a.m. Pacific Time
March 5, 2015 @ 12 noon Pacific — The Hot Arts Marketing Trends for 2015
Clint White, President, WiT Media
In a 2014 survey of attendees at arts marketing conferences in the United States and Canada, WiT Media took the pulse of arts organizations across genres and budget sizes. Some key learnings: Interest in dynamic pricing is high, as almost 50% of organizations currently employ the technique and 35% would like to know more. The same goes for lifestyle-oriented marketing and user-generated marketing, both of which ranked high on the current marketing trend list and the list of trends to learn more about.. Judging by their current popularity and how eager arts organizations are to learn more about them, strategies like lifestyle marketing, user-generated marketing, and enhanced segmentation in pay-per-click will likely remain prevalent. The challenge, then, is for cultural organizations to figure out how to develop these strategies in ways that build loyalty and engage audiences, while also operating under the constraints of money, time, and manpower. In this webinar, we'll dive deep into the data and explore possible solutions.
April 9, 2015 — 10 Strategies for Success: Identifying, Cultivating, Soliciting and Holding On to Major Donors
Katharine DeShaw, President, Philanthropic Consulting
Large gifts — whether outright major gifts or deferred (planned) major gifts — require the same rules for engagement of donors. Engaging people in a long term investment in the arts relies on the excellence of messages, systems and methodical donor development. In this session, find out what your organization needs to do tomorrow to secure major gifts for your future.
Basic membership per year is $129 ($139 foreign) and Premium membership is $179 ($189 foreign). If you are not sure if your membership is current, you can check your status at www.artsreach.com/join.php or by calling 1-888-881-5861 M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., PST.
- March 19-21, 2015 — National Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference, New York City
- May 19-20, 2015 — Canadian Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference, Toronto
- Fall 2015 — National Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference, San Francisco
Current Edition of the Arts Reach Magazine
ARTS REACH MAGAZINE (Volume XXIII, Number 2) has gone out. Its contents include:
- PARTNERSHIPS — 1+1= 3: The Power of Collaboration
- BRANDING — Identifying and Capitalizing on Brand Identity (PART 1 OF 2)
- MANAGEMENT — Organizing a Successful Board Retreat
- TICKETING — TodayTix Completes $6.1M Financing Deal, Heating Up Mobile Market For Ticket Sales
- COPYWRITING — Who The Hell Is Writing Your Copy?
- DEMOGRAPHICS — NEA Research Shows Half of American Adults Participate in Art
- TECHNOLOGY — S.F. Symphony’s SoundBox Breaks New Ground
- CONFERENCE: National Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference in New York City, March 19-21, 2015. Theme: "New Resources, Larger Audiences, More Revenue!"
- CONFERENCE: Canadian Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference in Toronto, May 19-20, 2015. Theme: “Leveraging New Technologies.”