Free New Benefit: the Arts Reach Career Center!
All members are encouraged to peruse and post FREE job and service listing s on the new Classifieds page. To do so, simply go to the Career Center.
Upcoming Arts Reach Online Workshops for Members
Join these experts and other members to discuss your situation and questions. These Online Workshops are presented by some of the best minds in the arts and culture field and are free for current members. Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are held on Thursdays at 11 a.m. Pacific Time
Nancy Boas, Director of Product Marketing, Vendini
Stephen Barwick, Development Director, Dad’s Garage Theatre Company
Some have likened donor cultivation to dating before marriage. Would-be donors need to know an arts organization, understand its values and know and believe in its mission before they’ll give even a small gift. The question is: how do you make the shift from a performing arts organization focused on single ticket sales to a donor cultivation engine?
This webinar will focus on the process of donor cultivation (and it is a process!). Join us to learn:
- Steps to move single ticket buyers into loyal donors (and how to spot those with “marriage potential”)
- What data and systems are required to support the cultivation process
- How to plan, execute and measure fundraising and cultivation events
HOW GOOD IS YOUR "A GAME"?
Even reliably successful arts organizations can do better. A best practice for marketing directors is to show marketing materials to unaffiliated third parties before sending them to press or pressing "send" with the open ended question, "What does this communicate to you?" A qualified third party will discover the inconsistencies, the poorly communicated thoughts and the layout mistakes that you can't see because you're too close. In this session, we'll dissect an excellent season brochure from the Cleveland Playhouse and see how it could be even better. Join consultant Henry Ruddle and Marketing Director Ed Gilcrist with your questions and suggestions during the Q&A session in the final 10-15 minutes of this 45-60 minute webinar.
Basic membership per year is $129 ($139 foreign) and Premium membership is $179 ($189 foreign). If you are not sure if your membership is current, you can check your status at www.artsreach.com/join.php or by calling 1-888-881-5861 M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., PST.
- October 22-24, 2015 — Fall National Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference, San Francisco
- March 17-19, 2016 — National Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference, New York
- May/June, 2016 — Canadian Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference, Toronto
Current Edition of the Arts Reach Magazine
ARTS REACH MAGAZINE (Volume XXIII, Number 5) has gone to press. Its contents include:
- DATA ANALYTICS — The Data Analytics Spectrum: Where You Are and Where to Go From Here
- HUMAN RESOURCES — HR in the Spotlight: (part 2 of 2): Why Even the Smallest Arts Organizations Should Have a Strong HR Infrastructure
- PRICING — Pricing Terms for Performing Arts Organizations Defined
- EMPLOYEE RETENTION — 5 Insights for Retaining Top Talent
- DEMOGRAPHICS — Millennials Test Ticket Strategies
- DONOR DEVELOPMENT — 5 Ways to Create Better Relationships With Patrons … And Turn Them Into Donors
- CONFERENCE — "Ignite Your Patrons’ Passions," Fall 2015 National Arts Marketing, Development & Ticketing Conference, October 22-24, 2015
- MEMBERSHIP: Free New Benefit: the Arts Reach Career Center!